Online shopping seems gathering momentum in Thailand. The usage of internet in Thailand has grown significantly so has the mobile usage:
Internet users: 20 million – increase 27% over last year (2010 vs. 2011)
- Apple iOS (mobile devices) responsible for half of the daily mobile internet browsing sessions in Thailand.
- The total number of internet sessions (per day) from mobile devices is broken down as follows:
- 200,000 iPhone
- 45,000 iPad
- 57,402 Nokia
- 22,000 BlackBerry
- 38% of Thais are most interested in entertainment content
- 12% online games
- 10% blogs and web boards
- 6.3% shopping
- 6.1% news and information.
- Purchase Online vs. Purchase Offline:
- Female purchase more or Male?
- Do they research online and purchase offline or vice verse?
- Research to purchase behavioral of Male and Female?
- Male are into: Clothings & Accessories, Footware and Gifts, Flowers & Greetings and Beauty Products?
- Female are into: Clothings & Accessories, Beauty Products and Gifts, Flowers & Greetings. Female are not into Footware?